This month, we are being inspired by "heirloom in the making" cradles: handcrafted with love, celebrating the birth of a precious new little being.
Three of Our Members' Cradle Creations
See More WoodworkingWeb Cradles Here
For those looking at building a cradle, here are some guidelines from the Canadian Consumer Product Safety website:
- ensure all hardware is secure and not damaged
- do not include cutouts larger than 3mm (1/8") in height
- spaces between the bars should be no more than 6cm (2 3/8")
- no small parts or sharp edges
- mattresses should not be thicker than 3.8cm (1.5")
- the gap between the mattress and the sides should be less than 3cm (1 3/16")
Build for safety, beauty, and future generations!